Veterinary Injectable Drugs with Multiple Concentrations Oxytetracycline Injection
Oxytetracycline injection mainly inhibits and kills gram-positive bacteria and some gram-negative bacteria. It can be used to treat respiratory, urogenital, digestive, skin, and soft tissue infections in livestock and poultry.
Various attributes of Veterinary Injectable Drugs with Multiple Concentrations Oxytetracycline Injection
|Description||yellow to light brownish yellow clear liquid.|
Equine,cattle,sheep,goat,pig and dog:
Infections caused by Micro-organisms susceptible to oxytetracycline like respiratory
urinary-tract infections,CRD(chronic respiratory disease),blue comb,shipping fever
and liver abscesses.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
For Intramuscular or subcutaneous injection.
1) Cattle and horse: 4~10ml per 100kg body weight
2) Pig, sheep and goat: 1ml per 10kg body weight
3) Dog, piglet and lamb: 0.5~1ml per 5kg Body weight
4) Poultry: 1~2ml per hen
|Withdrawal Period||28 days for cattle, sheep and pigs; 7 days for abandoning milk.|
|Pharmacological Actions-Pharmacodynamics||Oxytetracycline is a broad-spectrum antibiotic of the tetracycline class. It has a strong effect on Gram-positive bacteria such as Staphylococcus, Streptococcus hemolyticus, Bacillus anthracis, Clostridium tetani and Clostridium, but not as good as β-lactams. It is more sensitive to Gram-negative bacteria such as Escherichia coli, Salmonella, Brucella and Pasteurella, but not as good as aminoglycoside and amide alcohol antibiotics. This product also has an inhibitory effect on rickettsia, chlamydia, mycoplasma, spirochetes, actinomycetes and some protozoa.|
|Drug Interaction||(1) The same use with strong diuretics such as furosemide can aggravate renal damage.|
(2) It is a fast antibacterial drug, which can interfere with the bactericidal effect of penicillins on the propagation period of bacteria, so the same use should be avoided.
(3) When used together with calcium salt, iron salt, or drugs containing metal ions calcium, magnesium, aluminum, bismuth, iron, etc. (including Chinese herbal medicine), it can form insoluble complexes and reduce drug absorption.
|Dosage and Administration||Intramuscular injection: One dose, 0.033~0.067ml for livestock per 1kg body weight.|
|Adverse Reactions||(1) Local irritation. The hydrochloride aqueous solution of this class of drugs has strong irritation, and intramuscular injection can cause pain, inflammation and necrosis at the injection site.|
(2) Intestinal bacterin disorder. Tetracyclines have a broad-spectrum inhibitory effect on equine intestinal bacteria, and then secondary infections caused by drug-resistant Salmonella or unknown pathogens (including Clostridium, etc.) lead to severe or even fatal diarrhea. This situation often occurs after high-dose intravenous administration, but low-dose intramuscular injection may also occur.
(3) Affect teeth and bone development. Tetracyclines are combined with calcium after entering the body and deposited in teeth and bones along with calcium. This class of drugs is also easy to pass through the placenta and enter the milk, so pregnant animals, lactating animals and small animals are forbidden, and milk for lactating cows is prohibited from marketing during the medication period.
(4) Liver and kidney damage. This class of drugs has toxic effects on liver and kidney cells. Tetracycline antibiotics can cause dose-dependent changes in kidney function in many animals.
(5) Anti-metabolism effect. Tetracycline drugs can cause azotemia, which can be exacerbated by the presence of sterold drugs. This class of drugs can also cause metabolic acidosis and electrolyte imbalance.
|Precautions||(1) This product should be protected from light and airtight, and stored in a cool, dark and dry place. Avoid sunlight. Do not use metal containers for medicines.|
(2) Horses may also develop gastroenteritis after injection, and should be used with caution.
(3) Avoid use when the liver and kidney function of the animal is seriously damaged.
|Storage||shading, airtight, and keep in a cool and dark place.|
|Approval No.||Veterinary Drugs 162762790|
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
|Contact Person :||Dax.Yang|